What is content development?
It’s the important process of researching, creating, and editing information for publication. While “content development” can mean work on anything from video to digital images, Augmental focuses on writing.
Who does Augmental help with content development?
Raise your hand if any of the following describe you:
- A start-up launching a new website.
- An established business that needs to refresh its current website content.
- A company that wants to attract and engage users through social media.
- A website owner that needs to rank better in search engine results.
- Someone with a business, video, or creative writing project.
Thank you. Everyone who had their hands up: read on. The rest of you: please entertain yourselves.
What do you write?
I’ve chalked up content development wins with websites, blogs, articles, social network pages and posts, newsletters and email campaigns, print collateral, educational products, product usage scenarios, storylines, and scripts.
If you want me to figure out what your tattoo should say or what to name your dog, I guess I’d do that, too.
Seriously, can’t I just write it myself?
It’s possible that your writing is Shakespearean. If so, I’d love to read it. That said, here are three reasons you might hire me:
- Time: You’re a business owner who has spent months overseeing the design and developing a beautiful website. Now your website company tells you that you need to add compelling copy to all of those pages, call-outs, navigational links, and meta-tags. You have other responsibilities, so hand the project to me.
- Quality: Many of my clients contacted me after trying to write about their products or services and coming away unhappy with their work. They knew their business thoroughly, but expressing these ideas in a way that attracts, engages, and directs the reader was a big challenge. I’m up for it.
- Specialization: Every form of media requires different content development work. Website copy should be easy for the reader to scan and optimized for search engines to rank. E-newsletters should tease content and draw recipients to the sender’s target pages. The same customized approach is true for social media, promotional videos, brochures, and on. I work in a variety of media genres and understand what each requires.
Who is Augmental?
Augmental is a company of one: Kevin Preis. Please learn more about my work experience and my degrees from Harvard, Tulane, and Georgetown.
You mentioned entrepreneurial projects. What do you mean?
Relationships I’ve gained through the technology community and through working with clients has led to work on other aspects of their businesses, such as strategic planning and marketing consulting.
Augmental’s biggest project is Go See Campus, a free website for high school students and parents to plan campus visits online and make the most of the college search. Please explore the site.
You read the whole thing? Here’s a token of my appreciation.